HostGator Affiliate Program is migrating from its in-house system to the Impact Radius and from tomorrow (April 1, 2016) the affiliate reporting and tracking will be through Impact Radius exclusively.
What it means to you?
All tracking links and custom codes should be moved over by end of day March 31st in order to ensure that you will be paid for any April referrals in Impact Radius.
Again, it is very important that you update ALL YOUR LINKS to those in your new Impact Radius account as well as email any custom codes to HostGator Affiliate before April 1st to ensure you will be tracking properly in the new system.
Also, HostGator Affiliate ensures any remaining commissions up to March 31st to be paid out through the old in-house system. Any transactions from April 1st going forward will be tracked and paid out in Impact Radius exclusively.
Why Impact Radius? Why the change?
- Payouts: Impact Radius gives you much more flexiblity with frequency and date of payment. HostGator will still process and lock transactions for payment on the 11th of the month but you now can get your payments on a specific day of the month OR when you hit a threshold.
- Commission: Through this new platform HostGator is able to commission more on longer term lengths and larger packages. This means an opportunity for you to earn MORE MONEY! We will also still be honoring our tiered payout based on performance which you can find in our Affiliate TOS in section 3.
- Reporting: You will have much more detailed and insightful reporting on over 20 data points (ex: Invoice ID, Client ID, device, package type/term, domain, etc.). Additionally, you will have the ability to automate and download customized reports.
- Tracking: Coupon codes and affilate links will continue to be the main tracking methods but again with much more insights through improved reporting. Additionally, anytime when a new promotion is run or get new creative, we can easily add it to IR where you can easily grab your tracking info!
- Promotions/Contests: With improved tools in the new platform HostGator plan on offering affiliate exclusive promotions and performance incentives/contests.
How to begin the migration process:
- Create an IR account: If you don’t already have an account setup in Impact Radius click HERE to create your profile. Keep all your tax info and company info handy to fill out the form thoroughly. At the end of the process you need to validate your account through your email to ensure you have applied to the new program. If you already have an account created in Impact Radius you will need to send an email to HostGator providing your IR account name, account ID & email address associated to your account. We will then push you an offer to join the program.
- Login to your IR account: Once you validate your account and login, please make sure your profile and payment methods are setup and any tax forms are submitted promptly. They reviews applications mulitple times a day so you should get an acceptance w/in 24hrs (weekends excluded). Please keep an eye out for the email notifying you of your acceptance to the program.
- Codes/Tracking: You may have custom codes that you are using to track. In order to quickly begin tracking in the new platform you will need to request your custom promo codes via EMAIL . Please include your IR account name, account ID, your old platform username and a list of our coupon codes. This is very important and will expedite the approval and tracking process. If you are currently using tracking links, we suggest that you begin the process of changing your links to the new Impact Radius tracking links until all links have been transitioned.
This is a complex update and for that reason they are keeping the in-house program tracking in the background until final payouts for March are completed in June. They’ll have more details on your account access and information closer to June so keep an eye out.