I’ve already watched a good number of GoogleWebmasterHelp Videos, and always find Matt successful in making you more confused than you were before watching it.
I got an email this morning (as I’ve subscribed to that YouTube channel) and it immediately grabbed me because the question was about WordPress or Blogger in terms of SEO.
I’ve used Blogger for 3 years, but now everyone tells me that WordPress is superior for SEO. After scouring many sites, I’ve been unable to find the SEO advantages to using Blogger – are there any?
And watch here what Matt has to say:
The question was “the SEO advantages to using Blogger – are there any?”
- Great question
- I work for company that provides Blogger, one of my personal blog uses WordPress, so I can see the advantages in both sides!
- Blogger is simple to get started, it is very easy.
- If you install the software yourself, you usually not patching it, so, its easier to get hacked.
- WordPress has a lot of flexibility, you customize everything
- They both have pros and cons. Both can work very well in terms of ranking well and in terms of search engine
- Definitely try the both out because both can work very well in terms of SEO
What? Shall I make two copies of my blog ? One in WordPress and the other in Blogger? Damn!
Is Matt comparing WordPress.com and Blogger or self hosted WordPress and Blogger? Did Matt really answered the question?
I don’t think Matt does not know what SEO is, and also, I don’t think Matt does not understand what Vicky asked. But do you expect Matt to offer such an answer to this question? Why should we wait for official videos from Google if it is the political answers, all that we get? Is there any use to subscribe to GoogleWebmastersHelp channel?
What would be your answer to Vicky’s question if you were Matt Cutts? Are you satisfied with whatever information Matt offered? Waiting to hear your voice. Please do comment.